Need Expert Advice? Call us now +353 21 2455 427
...an insider's guide to Alpine Property
France

Buyers’ FAQs for France

How much is capital gains tax?

Capital gains tax in France stands at a flat rate of 19%, with social changes applied at a flat rate of 17.2%, which equals a total of 36.2%. However, a reduced social change rate is available for EU and UK residents and after 22 years of ownership your property will no longer be subject to capital gains tax. Between 6 and 21 years of ownership, a progressive allowance increasing by 6% each is allowed, capped at 96%.

property - Property guides

Our useful guides offer an insight into the Alpine
Property market and a overview of the buying process

Need Expert advice? Contact us today!

Contact Alpine Property Finders for any information about property in Austria, property in Switzerland or property in France

Property Search

  • 300,000 - 10,000,000
Property Search